Comments

1. jazminheavenblog says

Oh what an amazing idea! Iโ€™m trying to read more classics so one a month would be such a great thing for next year for myself! I loved to kill a mockingbird. Iโ€™m currently reading โ€˜Rebeccaโ€™ x

You should definitely give it a try then! I found I was so much more motivated to read them, and it was a lot less daunting than I thought it would be! Ah I hope you’re enjoying Rebecca! x

2. Jenny in Neverland says

Can you believe I have not read a single one of these books?! I’m not hugely into classics but the few I have read, I’ve enjoyed and seemed to take quite a lot from them. So I’d like to read more. Well done for completing your goal! x

3. sunkissedscribbles says

Oh wow, this sounds like a great achievement. I haven’t read many classics and there are a few of them you’ve read that I’d love to read – I have To Kill A Mockingbird but I haven’t gotten around to reading it yet, I’d love to read Little Women and always wanted to try a bit of Virginia Woolf. I might have to add them to my reading lists for next year! Great post, thanks for sharing!

I hadn’t read many either so I found this such a fun way to get through them! I adored all three of them so I couldn’t recommend them more! I’m definitely going to read more Virginia Woolf next year too. Thank you! xx

4. Becky says

Your writing and photos are beautiful. Iโ€™ve read hardly any classic novels (I know), but Rebecca is my fave! I read that whilst at sixth form in English literature and fell in love, I couldnโ€™t put it down. I have read Jane Eyre but Iโ€™ve forgotten it, so I need to re-read it! We also read Frankenstein, and I agree- itโ€™s so, so sad! ๐Ÿ™
    Becky x

Ah thank you so much! Oh don’t worry haha, that’s exactly why I set myself the challenge to read them! I’m hoping to reread Jane Eyre next year as I haven’t read it since sixth form but absolutely loved it. Thanks for reading x

5. Michelle says

This is such a great idea Evie! I really want to read more classics and this sounds like a perfect way to do it. I might have to adopt a similar challenge for 2020!

6. Isabel Ochoa Blasco says

I love this idea, and might give it a go myself in 2020. Maybe start with 5 classics this year (my reading habit is a fragile one, and I don’t want to risk not liking the classics and not picking up a book again). I did really enjoy “To kill a Mockingbird” and loved the “Rebecca” movie, so I might start with that one. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

7. Macey @ Brine and Books says

I really think that this year, I’m going to attempt this same challenge!! Unfortunately, I have quite a few classics on my bookshelves, and I really want to read them all. I might cheat & reread ones that I haven’t read for years, but hey, I’ll still be doing one classic a month :’)