Comments

1. Audrey says

Over the Top is on my 2020 TBR as well! Same with A Tree Grows in Brooklyn! (I had to Google what “bildungsroman” meant haha) Aaaand The Nightingale! // I was planning for Children of Virtue and Vengeance to be my last read of 2019, but I started it and realised that I forgot so much of what happened in the first book, so I decided to hold off on it after reading two chapters 😛 // I’ve seen so many people share East of Eden as one of their top reads of 2019! // Good luck with your 2020 reading challenge! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

Hahaha the only reason I knew what it meant was because we read The Catcher in the Rye and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in school and ‘bildungsroman’ was pretty much drilled into our heads 😂 Ah hopefully we can do a couple of buddy reads this year! I’ll probably have to wait until I’ve finished uni now though because the workload is becoming hectic 😭
      Ngl, I can’t remember too much from the first book either! I might have to skim through the book for a quick reminder 😅 East of Eden is one of the books I’m most looking forward to reading! Thank you Audrey! x

2. Emily says

This seems like such a good way to read a whole range of books! You’ve got some great books on your list too

Emily x puttheworldtowrites.co.uk

3. www.lifebybecky.com says

Omg I didn’t know there were reading challenges like these, only the goodreads app which I’ve downloaded and made a resolution to try read a new book every month! I’ve only read HP on this list, not read any of the others and not heard of the majority haha I need to start reading more again! Always been a huge bookworm but don’t find enough time anymore!!! Xx
    Becky

I completely agree! Most of these books have been doing just that so hopefully this year will finally be the year I get around to them! Thanks for reading x

4. Hanna @ Booking in Heels says

I’ve read a good few of the books you’ve listed but my absolute favourite was Henrietta Lacks. It prompted me to go and do a Masters in Biotechnology Law… although I do wish I hadn’t referred to it in my application! 😀 It’s a really great, human, awful story.

Godgrave is wonderful too, although obviously along a totally different line!

That’s the one I’m most intrigued by since it’s not a genre I usually go for! So glad to hear you enjoyed it! Haha yes, I read Nevernight last year and can tell it might be slightly different. Thanks for reading! x