Comments

1. Audrey says

Over the Top is on my 2020 TBR as well! Same with A Tree Grows in Brooklyn! (I had to Google what “bildungsroman” meant haha) Aaaand The Nightingale! // I was planning for Children of Virtue and Vengeance to be my last read of 2019, but I started it and realised that I forgot so much of what happened in the first book, so I decided to hold off on it after reading two chapters ๐Ÿ˜› // I’ve seen so many people share East of Eden as one of their top reads of 2019! // Good luck with your 2020 reading challenge! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

Hahaha the only reason I knew what it meant was because we read The Catcher in the Rye and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in school and ‘bildungsroman’ was pretty much drilled into our heads ๐Ÿ˜‚ Ah hopefully we can do a couple of buddy reads this year! I’ll probably have to wait until I’ve finished uni now though because the workload is becoming hectic ๐Ÿ˜ญ
      Ngl, I can’t remember too much from the first book either! I might have to skim through the book for a quick reminder ๐Ÿ˜… East of Eden is one of the books I’m most looking forward to reading! Thank you Audrey! x

2. Emily says

This seems like such a good way to read a whole range of books! Youโ€™ve got some great books on your list too

Emily x puttheworldtowrites.co.uk

3. www.lifebybecky.com says

Omg I didnโ€™t know there were reading challenges like these, only the goodreads app which Iโ€™ve downloaded and made a resolution to try read a new book every month! Iโ€™ve only read HP on this list, not read any of the others and not heard of the majority haha I need to start reading more again! Always been a huge bookworm but donโ€™t find enough time anymore!!! Xx
    Becky

I completely agree! Most of these books have been doing just that so hopefully this year will finally be the year I get around to them! Thanks for reading x

4. Hanna @ Booking in Heels says

I’ve read a good few of the books you’ve listed but my absolute favourite was Henrietta Lacks. It prompted me to go and do a Masters in Biotechnology Law… although I do wish I hadn’t referred to it in my application! ๐Ÿ˜€ It’s a really great, human, awful story.

Godgrave is wonderful too, although obviously along a totally different line!

That’s the one I’m most intrigued by since it’s not a genre I usually go for! So glad to hear you enjoyed it! Haha yes, I read Nevernight last year and can tell it might be slightly different. Thanks for reading! x