Comments

1. ellieslondon says

I was 100% in the same situation as you when I turned 21, even down to aving a year left of my degree. It seems like you have learnt a lot over the years – one of my most important lessons is also to say no to people < which I actually started doing when I turned 21. For me, it was also important not to compare myself to where others where at 21 – I took a year off before going to uni so was 'behind' in a sense but aside from education, it was important to remind myself my pace is also a pace, even though it is different to lots of people โ™ฅ Also, happy birthday x

Exactly! Comparing myself to others is something I still working on, especially after my year abroad and comparing my experiences to that of others, but as you say, everyone’s different! Thank you lovely x

2. justnatonya says

Happy Birthday Evie!!!! Iโ€™m ten years older than you and can appreciate your lessons like โ€˜Eat the Damn Cakeโ€™, โ€˜Fake it Til You Make Itโ€™ and โ€˜Read Moreโ€™. I want to be more conscious about eating healthy but I donโ€™t want it to rule my life and suck the joy out of food, so Iโ€™m gonna eat the damn cake lol! Youโ€™re so right, sometimes you gotta pretend like youโ€™re not nervous to push through. Reading makes you smarter, so I want to invest in more books and magazines. Thanks for sharing these lessons, I hope you have a beautiful birthday babe โค

Natonya | https://justnatonya.wordpress.com

3. foreverseptember1 says

I hope you had a wonderful 21st birthday Evie โ€“ this is such a great list of things. Iโ€™m still learning to say no to things if I donโ€™t feel up to it. Also saving money, I MUST start doing that!

Lucy | Forever September

4. Audrey says

Happy belated birthday! It’s so funny that you learned to ACTUALLY do your readings in uni, whereas for me, in high school I would labour over every single word, and in uni I learned how to speed read and get by with skimming ๐Ÿ˜› -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

Hahaha ngl I did that for my entire first year of uni and I might need to skim read this year too – my reading list this year is insane!!